Commonwealth Payroll & HR: A Leading Payroll, HR and Employer Services firm serving private and closely held businesses, is looking to enhance our executive team with a dynamic, full-time administrative professional. While you don’t need to understand or have background in the business, we’re in, you should be ready to learn and able to provide congruent support capabilities for our leadership.
We are a rapidly expanding company in the payroll, HR, and employer services industry. Nestled in the scenic heart of Marblehead, Massachusetts, our company culture blends the charm of a historic coastal town with the dynamic pulse of serving the employment needs of the modern business climate. As we continue to grow and serve our clients with unparalleled excellence, we're on the hunt for an exceptional Administrative Support Specialist to support our executive team. As a team, we’re collaborative and have each other’s back because our work is both detailed and almost always deadline-oriented.
As an Administrative Support Specialist, you'll play an integral role in ensuring the seamless operation of our executive team. You will:
- Manage complex schedules, ensuring all meetings, events, and tasks are organized and prioritized.
- Coordinate logistics for events, from board meetings to company-wide gatherings.
- Provide top-notch administrative support, enabling our executives to focus on strategic initiatives.
- Handle confidential information with the utmost discretion.
- Navigate the fast-paced world of a growing company, constantly adapting and refining processes.
- Full-Time, Hybrid and work-location flexible with the understanding of being in office 3-4 days per week
What We're Looking For
- Experience: Minimum of three years in an administrative support role and a college degree or progress towards one.
- Multitasking Maestro: Your ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously is unparalleled. You have a demonstrated ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment and problem solve.
- Detail-Oriented Dynamo: No detail, no matter how small, escapes your eagle eye. You pride yourself on your meticulous nature.
- Scheduling Savant: Your calendar management skills are second to none. You understand the importance of time in a busy executive's day.
- Event Organizer Extraordinaire: From small meetings to big corporate events, you can manage them all with ease and finesse.
- Proactive Professional: You don’t wait for things to happen; you anticipate needs and take action.
- Communication Connoisseur: Your written and verbal communication skills are impeccable.
- Marketing Master: While you don’t consider yourself a professional marketer, you can creatively and convincingly ‘market’ yourself
- People Person: You are the person everyone leans in on for advice, for a sympathetic ear and help making sense of comp and benefit plans.
- Tech Titan: Strong computer and internet skills required including all MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) plus demonstrated ability and comfort level working with a variety of other common software applications.
Why be a part of the Commonwealth team?
Growth Opportunities: As a fast-growing company, we offer vast opportunities for professional and personal growth in a very relevant and dynamic field and an opportunity to learn an industry one can’t go to school for.
Competitive Compensation: We recognize and reward talent with an eye towards the future. This role’s starting compensation range will be between $50-70K dependent upon proven experience and fitness for its expectations.
Inclusive Environment: We value diversity and believe in fostering an inclusive environment where all voices are heard.
Location, Location, Location: Work in the heart of Marblehead on the North Shore of Massachusetts, with its rich history, picturesque harbor, and vibrant community. Ideal for someone who’s had enough of their commute or is finished with zoom happy hours and never meeting your co-workers.
Come here to stay here: Our average company tenure is 8 years and that’s proof we love our employees and they love being a part of the team!
Join Us on the Commonwealth Journey
This is more than a job; we’re seeking individuals who are looking to build upon their already proven career. It's an opportunity to be part of a company that values its employees as its most significant asset. In fact, it’s our vision to support our clients in being the best employers they can be, and we start by living that out with our own employees in every role.
If you are a proactive, detail-oriented professional with a knack for multitasking, a passion for excellence, and a bit of a ‘boss’, we'd love to hear from you!