Senior Product Designer
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Our mission at Sense is to reduce global carbon emissions by making homes smart and efficient. We’re serious about having a real impact on climate change by empowering people to easily take care of their homes and to actively participate in a cleaner, more resilient future.
As we grow, we're looking for a Senior Product Designer who can uncover creative solutions to the complex and data-dense problem Sense is striving to solve: helping homeowners understand and manage their home energy use. Communicating the value of Sense through clear, delightful and elegant design is critical to our success.
Sense has an active and engaged user base of early adopter customers. This position will play a key role in designing an app experience to engage and delight a new mass-market user segment as Sense scales to millions of homes over the next few years. If you're excited about an opportunity to make an impact at a mission-based, rapidly growing startup, then let's talk!
What you’ll be doing:
- Design user-friendly experiences for our mobile and web applications.
- Be responsible for prototyping, creating user journeys, and design execution.
- Own end-to-end user flows.
- Drive user-research through surveys and user interviews.
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams, as well as internal stakeholders to manage design feedback.
- Deliver and ship thoughtful, usable products.
- A passion for crafting user-centric experiences
- 5+ years experience designing for consumer-focused mobile and web products
- Proficiency with Figma and Miro
- Experience shipping product in an agile environment
- Experience talking to users through prototyping, testing and interviews
- Experience building and maintaining a reusable design system.
- Ability to clearly communicate and present design decisions
- Current understanding of design best practices and trends
- Experience designing apps that interface with a hardware device.
- Experience working with VP-level and/or executive stakeholders
- Please make sure to submit a portfolio showcasing past work and process.
- Portfolio must show experience in mobile design.
- Candidates must be able to work in our Cambridge, MA office and legally authorized to work in the United States.
Sense supports a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech, and we strive to foster an engaging, respectful and supportive community where everyone feels empowered to do their best work. Sense is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
Sense is a growing VC-backed startup with an experienced leadership team and revolutionary machine learning technology.
- Best Startups in Cambridge - Tech Tribune
- "One of the world's top 100 AI companies" - VentureBeat
- Clean Tech Company of the Year - New England Venture Capital Association
- 50 on Fire - BostInno
- Top 100 - Red Herring
- Best Consumer AI Technology - AI Dev World
- Global Cleantech 100
- Competitive compensation including equity
- Remote or local/hybrid in our Cambridge Central Square office
- Home office setup allowance ($200/year)
- Great work-life balance
- Flexible work hours
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks/year + 1 week paid sick time
- Paid parental leave (5 weeks or more depending on location)
- Dependent Care Accounts
- Generous healthcare benefits for employees and dependents
- Medical (90% of the premium and first 50% of the deductible)
- Dental (90%)
- Vision (100%)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, long- and short-term disability insurance (100%)
- 401k plan
- Free Sense energy monitor for your home, discounts for friends and family