Strategic Partnerships Manager
Remote or Cambridge, MA, United States
Sense is looking for a highly motivated, versatile, and hands-on Partnerships Manager
to join our team. This person will help develop and refine the strategy and framework for
key B2B and B2B2C partnerships which support the growth of Sense’s products and
services, build and manage relationships with key stakeholders throughout partner
organizations, and ultimately establish channel relationships which will achieve sales
Who You Are
- Analytical: You take a structured approach to understanding and solving business challenges, and are an expert at immersing yourself in a business or opportunity, learning the pertinent details quickly, and developing a well thought out approach, including business models and go to market strategy.
- Relationship Builder: You are great at getting to the right people within target organizations, building rapport and trust, understanding personal and business drivers, and building productive relationships, both internally and externally.
- Technology savvy: You’re able to quickly understand new technologies and articulate them into benefits that resonate with partners. You’re familiar with the IoT/smart home landscape and have ideas about how Sense could work with other connected home energy products to unlock new consumer value.
- Driven and Independent: You enjoy working in an environment that empowers you to act and own your scope. You’re self-motivated, hard-working, and comfortable balancing multiple projects at once and prioritizing on the fly.
- Identifying and driving key new market opportunities that will create value for Sense, through research, networking, and other means.
- Establishing and testing value propositions that intersect both Sense and the partner’s business objectives, then forming agreements and overseeing successful launches.
- Building trusted relationships with executives and key stakeholders, both internal and external to Sense.
- Driving channel creation and sales growth for Sense, where appropriate building and managing a pipeline, and achieving sales targets.
- Managing all activities related to partnering: proposals, contracts, overseeing successful evaluations/pilots, occasional participation in key industry conferences, identifying product requirements driven by key partners, and ensuring partner success working in concert with teams across Sense to manage key accounts directly.
- 7+ years sales and/or business development experience
- Focused, efficient, organized, driven to succeed, and self-motivated
- A deep understanding of the energy industry and/or IoT/smart home and adjacent home services, with a strong professional network strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience developing and launching SaaS and other recurring revenue offerings, specifically focused on energy or energy related services.
- Experience working in a small, dynamic environment and wearing many hats.
- Business terms development and contract/pricing negotiation experience.
- Knowledge of consumer electronics products is strongly preferred.
- BA or BS required, MBA preferred.
- Be a part of building something that will make a difference in the world.
- Have a big impact at a VC-backed consumer startup that's doing big things:
- Best Startups in Cambridge - Tech Tribune "One of the world's top 100 AI companies" - VentureBeat
- Clean Tech Company of the Year - New England Venture Capital Association
- 50 on Fire - BostInno
- Top 100 - Red Herring
- Best Consumer AI Technology - AI Dev World
- Global Cleantech 100
- Work with a small team of experienced entrepreneurs creating revolutionary technology.
- A wide range of difficult and interesting problems to be solved.
- Great opportunity to gain experience at a consumer smart home startup.
- Competitive compensation and generous healthcare benefits.
- Flexible hours and WFH policy.
- Paid parental leave.