BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS /
As healthcare providers embrace digital transformation, virtual care, and cloud-first strategies, the underlying healthcare IT infrastructure has increasingly become decentralized, creating many more gaps that can result in patients’ protected health information (PHI) being put at greater risk. Existing cybersecurity solutions address critical aspects of securing the healthcare IT system but are not adequately addressing hidden vulnerabilities found in clinical workflows.
Founded by David Ting, the cofounder and former CTO of Imprivata and a former appointee to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Care Industry Cybersecurity Task Force, Tausight will help healthcare provider CIOs, CISOs, and their IT organizations better understand the risks that are inherent in how PHI is used and then better secure their clinical workflows when clinicians access and use their patients’ PHI.
On March 10, we announced our Series A $20 million funding, co-led by existing investors Polaris Partners and Flare Capital Partners, alongside new investor .406 Ventures. We will use this funding to expand our go-to-market team and further build out our breakthrough, healthcare-specific risk management platform.
Tausight is an exciting place to be, at an exciting time, and the best time to join us is right now.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for building technical understanding and credibility during the sales process to ensure success of Tausight’s clinical workflow platform.
As part of a sales pursuit team, the Sales Engineer works closely with sales, marketing, and product management to pursue leads, demonstrate product capability, inspire confidence and effectively communicate the power of Tausight’s platform. The Sales Engineer is the primary technical resource for the sales team and must be a key technical advisor and evangelist for the company as well as providing timely product feedback to influence future Tausight product development.
What You Will Do:
- Partner with the sales to pursue new business opportunities and support all aspects and phases of Tausight’s sales process
- Evangelize and demonstrate Tausight’s platform to prospects, customers, and partners via presentations and product demos
- Manage all aspects of prospect evaluation process including:
- Perform installation & training of Tausight products
- Educate on operational and organizational aspects of implementation process
- Work with Tausight’s Technical Support and Engineering to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Respond to technical objections and create competitive differentiation
- Respond to RFI’s and RFP’s
- Document evaluation results in SFDC
- Obtain technical win
- Define and document account success criteria using 4 aspects of success: sponsorship, technology, organization and operations
- Ensure implementation survey is completed to assist in services estimation
- Build and maintain prospect and partner relationships
- Ensure a smooth and successful transition (externally and internally) from sales process to product delivery
- Assist in developing and evolving best practices for Sales Engineering activities
- Provide product feature input to product management
- Apprise Sales Engineering management of overall health of prospects (technical, organizational, operational and sponsorship)
- 60 - 80% travel
What you will need
- 5+ years of enterprise Sales Engineering experience selling into hospitals
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows configuration and management
- Knowledge of Hospital IT infrastructures and configuration
- Knowledge of IT security technologies and best practices
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office applications – Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Strong Security Sales experience
- Hands-on software demonstration experience
- Strong Competency in Security Process/Workflow (e.g. Threat and Vulnerability Management) within healthcare provider environments
- Understanding of Security Policy, Compliance and Audit
- Strong team player who's willing to work hard while having a lot of fun
- Solid understanding of professional services to enable software products
- Knowledge of software deployment and patch management tools
- Excellent technical and business skills, including project management knowledge
- Excellent attitude and a self-starter who takes strong accountability for personal results
- BS/BA or equivalent
- Industry certifications such as CISSP , CCIE or CCNP a plus
●We will re-invent and transform how healthcare better protects patients’ PHI from cyber threats
●Learn how we built a multi-patented, breakthrough technology platform that will be the first-of-its-kind within the fastest growing segment of the healthcare technology industry.
●Just closed a $20 million Series A financing round, backed by leading healthcare technology VCs, Polaris Partners, Flare Capital, and .406 Ventures.
●Highly experienced team to learn from and to help develop your personal growth.
●We work independently, remotely, and collaboratively. Micro-managers are not welcome.
●Unlimited vacation; company holidays; medical/dental/eyecare.
●We will not tolerate ageism, racism, gender or sexual harassment, or any form of discrimination within our business operations or places of work. To be abundantly clear, we are committed to diversity, equity and belonging within our culture and across our company.
Tausight was founded in 2018 by David Ting, the cofounder and former CTO of Imprivata and a former appointee to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Care Industry Cybersecurity Task Force. Tausight’s mission is to solve one of the most challenging responsibilities of healthcare CIOs, CISOs, and their IT organizations: ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of patients’ PHI. Please visit us at www.tausight.com
and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our team is primarily located within Greater Boston and the San Francisco Bay area, but welcomes remote workers and flexible working hours. As clearly stated within our company principles statement, Tausight will not tolerate ageism, racism, gender or sexual harassment, or any form of discrimination within our business operations or places of work. To be abundantly clear, we are committed to diversity, equity and belonging within our culture and across our company.