Software Engineer - Test Automation
BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS OR
SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA OR
As healthcare providers embrace digital transformation, virtual care, and cloud-first strategies, the underlying healthcare IT infrastructure has increasingly become decentralized, creating many more gaps that can result in patients’ protected health information (PHI) being put at greater risk. Existing cybersecurity solutions address critical aspects of securing the healthcare IT system but are not adequately addressing hidden vulnerabilities found in clinical workflows.
Founded by David Ting, the cofounder and former CTO of Imprivata and a former appointee to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Care Industry Cybersecurity Task Force, Tausight will help healthcare provider CIOs, CISOs, and their IT organizations better understand the risks that are inherent in how PHI is used and then better secure their clinical workflows when clinicians access and use their patients’ PHI.
On March 10, we announced our Series A $20 million funding, co-led by existing investors Polaris Partners and Flare Capital Partners, alongside new investor .406 Ventures. We will use this funding to expand our go-to-market team and further build out our breakthrough, healthcare-specific risk management platform.
Tausight is an exciting place to be, at an exciting time, and the best time to join us is right now.
This Software Engineer will be responsible for the design and implementation of test systems capable of evaluating product performance and correctness in a Windows environment. Other OS environments, such as OS/X and Linux, to follow. This engineer will work as a part of a feature development team with the goal of designing testability into the product during feature implementation. This engineer will design and implement test systems capable of interacting with a product that runs as a Windows service and has no user interface. Extensive integration skills will be necessary to instigate the appropriate operations in the environment OS and evaluate telemetry being sent over the network to back end servers in the cloud as a result of those operations. This engineer will be required to gain intimate knowledge of our product's capabilities and limitations, and design and implement test software to validate those capabilities and measure the product's limitations. This engineer would be responsible for all the above being applied to an automated build environment using continuous integration and the production of reporting that describes the results of the testing.
What you will do:
What you need:
- Implement automated test suites to ensure production ready software
- Construct CI/CD pipelines that can automate the process of SCM checkout, building and automated tests of our software
- Be responsible for iterating on solutions quickly and effectively in a software release production environment
A candidate with these additional skills and experiences is preferred:
- Experience coding in C++.
- Experience in Scripting in the Microsoft Windows environment using PowerShell, Windows Batch scripting, Python or VB scripting.
- Comfortable working on specific goals independently with little or no direction.
- Experience with bootstrapping and maintaining a CI/CD system such as Jenkins or Gitlab
- Strong experience with a Version control system such as Git.
- Expertise in setting up and maintaining complicated test environments in a fault tolerant and repeatable manner.
- Expertise in integrating with applications under test that have no visible interface.
- Experience in writing test code that interfaces directly with product code written in C++.
- Working knowledge of managing and provisioning cloud resources in either GCP, AWS or Azure using their command line SDK.
- Expertise in some form of automated fault injection.
- We will re-invent and transform how healthcare better protects patients’ PHI from cyber threats
- Learn how we built a multi-patented, breakthrough technology platform that will be the first-of-its-kind within the fastest growing segment of the healthcare technology industry.
- Just closed a $20 million Series A financing round, backed by leading healthcare technology VCs, Polaris Partners, Flare Capital, and .406 Ventures.
- Highly experienced team to learn from and to help develop your personal growth.
- We work independently, remotely, and collaboratively. Micro-managers are not welcome.
- Unlimited vacation; company holidays; medical/dental/eyecare.
- We will not tolerate ageism, racism, gender or sexual harassment, or any form of discrimination within our business operations or places of work. To be abundantly clear, we are committed to diversity, equity and belonging within our culture and across our company.
Tausight was founded in 2018 by David Ting, the cofounder and former CTO of Imprivata and a former appointee to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Care Industry Cybersecurity Task Force. Tausight’s mission is to solve one of the most challenging responsibilities of healthcare CIOs, CISOs, and their IT organizations: ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of patients’ PHI. Please visit us at www.tausight.com
and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our team is primarily located within Greater Boston and the San Francisco Bay area, but welcomes remote workers and flexible working hours. As clearly stated within our company principles statement, Tausight will not tolerate ageism, racism, gender or sexual harassment, or any form of discrimination within our business operations or places of work. To be abundantly clear, we are committed to diversity, equity and belonging within our culture and across our company.