DevOps / Security Engineer
Who we are
Our team has created the most advanced geometric intelligence engine in manufacturing. Using this software, we built a platform to solve some of the hardest challenges facing this technologically nascent industry. We provide custom part manufacturers and supply chain logisticians with cutting edge tools that are simple to use, save time, and increase profitability.
Made up of over 100,000 companies that account for $300B of custom parts in the US alone, the manufacturing sector presents one of the greatest opportunities available today to make a positive impact through innovation. This push to transform the future of manufacturing is called Industry 4.0, and Paperless Parts is on the leading edge.
Based in Boston, Paperless Parts was founded by technology entrepreneurs Jason Ray and Scott Sawyer, and is backed by manufacturing industry experts and private investors. We value intentionality in everything we do, grit in the pursuit of excellence, and curiosity with a bias for
action, to deliver simple solutions.
As the first operations / security engineer at our fast growing startup, you will be the operations cornerstone of our engineering organization. You will maintain our cloud infrastructure, develop services, and provide the tooling we need to enable a smooth and efficient development process from start to finish.
Examples of activities include:
● Design high availability cloud infrastructure that supports the news of our customers
● Improve our ability to deliver quality software to our customers through improved operational performance
● Provide our developers with the best tooling available to enable effortless continuous integration and delivery
● Maintain our compliance with mandated security controls frameworks
Who you are:
You understand the importance of a well functioning and scalable CI/CD process. Designing systems for security, high-availability, and fault tolerance is in your DNA. When the system breaks, you are the first on the scene, helping the team methodically debug and troubleshoot the situation.
Paperless Parts is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Some of your experiences might include:
● Extensive experience working with AWS cloud hosted environments
● Experience working with containers management platforms such as Docker
● Experience with some sort of orchestration framework, such as Kubernetes
● Experience working with CI/CD pipelines
● Experience with application monitoring and performance
Would be great if you have:
● Worked in an industry that has a compliance mandate such as HIPAA
● Worked with a security controls framework such as CIS, NIST CSF
● Worked with security systems such as VPN, WAF, SIEM, IDS