Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Product Development | Cambridge, MA, United States
Sense is hiring an Electrical Engineer to join our Hardware team. Sense is a startup, founded in 2013, backed by top-tier venture investors who have developed a smart home energy monitor is making excellent traction in the home energy market. Given our founders, were pioneers in speech recognition, this gave them insight into how to connect and unlock the messages conveyed by our home power lines, leading to empowering homeowners to understand how their home is using energy.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will be a member of a small team, involved in all aspects of design, verification, certification, production test, and manufacturing support of our home energy monitor system.
Collaboration/coordination with internal teams and our manufacturing partners are key factors in the success of our delivery. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and we have a highly iterative development process.
- Passion for electronics and problem solving
- Experience with millimeter-wave RF design and tools
- Switching power supply, microprocessor, FPGA, and data acquisition is a plus
- Great communication skills
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn
- BA/BS or masters degree in EE or relevant field (4 to 8 years work experience)
Why we think you will love working with us
- Be a part of building something that will make a difference in the world.
- Have a big impact at a VC-backed consumer startup that's doing big things:
- Best Startups in Cambridge - Tech Tribune
- "One of the world's top 100 AI companies" - VentureBeat
- Clean Tech Company of the Year - New England Venture Capital Association
- 50 on Fire - BostInno
- Top 100 - Red Herring
- Best Consumer AI Technology - AI Dev World
- Global Cleantech 100
- Work with a small team of experienced entrepreneurs creating revolutionary technology.
- A wide range of difficult and interesting problems to be solved.
- Great opportunity to gain experience at a consumer smart home startup.
- Competitive compensation and generous healthcare benefits.
- Flexible hours and WFH policy.
- Paid parental leave.
- Though our company is fully remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position involves using tools and equipment in our hardware laboratory and does require onsite with flexibility.
- We have a great office in Central Square in Cambridge, MA right by the Red Line. (re-opening July 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19)