Sense is seeking a highly focused Accounting Manager who will be responsible for monthly and daily accounting tasks as well as helping to develop the finance department as Sense grows. You will collaborate with our Controller to close the monthly books, analyze contracts in accordance with ASC606, prepare financial reporting, implement an ERP, and develop processes and procedures. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a startup environment where no task is too big or too small and to gain exposure to a wide breadth of accounting and finance responsibilities.
• Manage monthly close, including trial balance reconciliations and P&L variance analysis.
• Analyze contracts for appropriate revenue recognition in accordance with ASC606.
• Monitor and maintain monthly inventory positions and controls.
• Research and implement new accounting guidance for GAAP and IFRS.
• Assist Controller with drafting annual financial statements.
• Coordinate annual financial audit.
• Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
• Build and document appropriate processes and controls.
• Assist with ERP implementation.
• Ad-hoc projects as required.
• 2-4 years public accounting experience.
• 4+ years of overall experience.
• Technical accounting background and understanding of US GAAP concepts.
• Ability to communicate and effectively work with non-finance staff.
• Self-motivated, capable of working independently, problem-solver.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Strong drive to learn and grow.
• Manufacturing experience.
• Revenue recognition experience.
Sense’s mission is to reduce global carbon emissions by making homes smart and more efficient. Our energy data and tools demystify home energy use, empower people to take command of their usage, and enable utilities to build a cleaner and more resilient grid.
Sense is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Sense’s values. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech, and we strive to foster an engaging, respectful and supportive community where everyone feels empowered to do their best work.