Legal Counsel – Commercial
Location: Brookline, MA; Walnut Creek, CA
About the Job
airSlate, a leading cloud-based document workflow solution, is looking for an Associate Legal Counsel. In this position, you will draft and negotiate a wide variety of agreements and work on projects supporting the sales and product development teams. The position will be based in either our Brookline, MA or Walnut Creek, CA office.
- Provide legal support for product development teams including inbound commercial licenses, open source, and product readiness.
- Review and refine standard templates for recurring commercial transactions in support of the procurement, and channel and direct sales teams. Collaborate with sales, finance, privacy, and compliance, as necessary, to support revenue and process transactions in accordance with corporate policies.
- Coordinate between procurement, marketing, sales, finance, engineering, and other business functions, as necessary, to address corporate policies/processes and legal issues as they arise.
- Review, draft, negotiate, approve and close a broad variety of agreements within the Legal team worldwide, including confidentiality agreements, procurement services agreements, professional services agreements, and other various related actions for the support of these transactions.
- Assist with special project assignments, e.g. localization/translation, legal operations, compliance, and corporate projects as needed; other duties as requested.
- A J.D., local bar membership for your jurisdiction.
- 3+ years’ minimum experience in commercial contract negotiations, with at least 2 years in the area of software licensing.
- The candidate must have demonstrated attention to detail and have a positive, problem solving, business focused attitude with good judgment and able to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate must be a team player and also able to self-start and work independently.
- Relevant experience handling commercial contracts, preferably for an international technology company is an asset.
- The ideal candidate should have knowledge of legal processes and terminology and must be able to conduct basic legal research.
- The candidate must possess the ability to compose correspondence and draft legal documents in an organized manner and in a clear language.
- Interpersonal skills must include excellent oral and written communication skills and a focus on customer service.