Hardware Lab Tech - Internship
Sense is a startup hardware and software mission-based company designed to help people analyze their home energy consumption, see what is going on in their homes, and ultimately reduce their energy footprint. Founded in 2013, located in Central Square backed by top-tier venture investors and developed a smart home energy monitor. We have a 3 - 6 month internship for a Lab Technician for someone energetic, curious, and eager to continue the refinement of the established processes and development of new methods. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a team of experienced entrepreneurs creating technology that will really make a difference in the world. As a Lab Technical Intern, you will have the opportunity to apply practical experience to your ME, IE, or EE degree. Specifically, you will contribute to process creations, workflow management, efficiency measurements, and product testing. Your responsibilities will be within our Customer Return Depot, Hardware Lab Layout, Hardware Equipment, and Systems and Hardware engineering support.
Customer Return Depot
Manage all inbound returns through the RMA workflow, triage returns for technical and safety concerns. Using your technical and documentation skills to debug and document all technical and safety concerns, using JIRA and escalation through the hardware team tasks.
Delivering efficient and customer-focused service for specific hardware returns for “Health Checks”, processing non-defect returns through the refurb and software update process. Document processes and procedures for best practices and develop efficient workflows for each case and task.
Hardware Lab Layout
Develop a layout that will streamline the process that can be duplicated in another return depot. Create a Kanban system to manage all the materials and parts needed to supply the return center. Evaluate the feasibility of deploying additional return depots, for what is required for skill level and equipment and system access. Evaluate each class of return and map that requirement set and make recommendations on each for each standard process
Hardware Equipment and Systems
Evaluate the current systems and tools needed to support the efficient process of returns. Work with the hardware and software team to develop or improve the needed toolset. Ensure that all equipment and software is “error reporting” and ‘self-debugged” for eventual remote deployment. Develop a work instruction and troubleshooting matrix for each piece of equipment.
Hardware Engineering Support
As we launch new products, you will be providing engineering support in the lab to perform QA Testing, experimental testing of beta samples, long-term on-going validation testing, and analysis and data management. On occasion, create special builds and configurations for specific engineering tests and trials.
- Organizational skills to manage engineering tasks within a team environment
- Documentation skills for the creation of:
- Engineering Documentation/ Fault trees
- KANBANs, VSM, instruction, debugging manuals,
- Standard Operating Procedures and Specifications
- Reporting and Statistical analysis skills for data reporting with Statistical analysis to characterize process indicators
- ME, IE, EE Degree in process
This position allows you the opportunity to be exposed and interact with
- System exposure
- Linux, Raspberry Pi
- Python, or C/C++
- Equipment exposure
- Programmable power supplies
- Signal analyzers and Signal generators
- Work instructions
- Fault Trees
- Mechanical and electrical builds
- Workflow management
- Be a part of building something that will make a difference in the world.
- Have a big impact at a VC-backed consumer startup that's doing big things:
- Best Startups in Cambridge - Tech Tribune
- "One of the world's top 100 AI companies" - VentureBeat
- Clean Tech Company of the Year - New England Venture Capital Association
- 50 on Fire - BostInno
- Top 100 - Red Herring
- Best Consumer AI Technology - AI Dev World
- Global Cleantech 100
- Work with a small team of experienced entrepreneurs creating revolutionary technology.
- A wide range of difficult and interesting problems to be solved.
- Great opportunity to gain experience at a consumer smart home startup.
- Team Oriented
- Flexible hours - No weekends! 40 hrs./wk. on a predetermined schedule
- Though our company is remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be on-site upon hire. We have a great office in Central Square in Cambridge, MA right by the Red Line. (re-opening July 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19)