Title: Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack/Node.js/TypeScript/AngularJS)
Team: Scorecards/Spaceballs Team
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Brainshark’s sales readiness software helps businesses achieve higher sales performance. Brainshark’s training, coaching, content and scorecards allow customers to prepare all client-facing teams with the knowledge, skills and insights they need to perform at the highest level. With Brainshark, companies can:
- Create engaging, memorable courses and curricula to power sales readiness and effectiveness
- Prepare client-facing teams with a training solution for any situation – from onboarding to just-in-time learning in the field
- Reinforce training and certify that every rep has mastered the message with video and text-based coaching assessments
- Gain amazing visibility into the learning progress and performance of their teams with Readiness Scorecards
Brainshark is looking for a Full Stack Senior Software Engineer who believes that Software Delivery Performance matters. This Senior Software Engineer will be part of a team of hard-core engineers who are passionate about building great applications using modern technologies and design patterns. We are a team of aces who are building, advancing and operating an application that has a solid foundation in a high performing and high culture way. We are looking for intelligent, diligent hard-working individual(s) who not only are technical powerhouses and self-starters, but also come armed with superior communication skills, ability to fill in the blanks when you encounter one and are interested in taking on big challenges and succeeding. Make no mistake, this is a multidisciplinary software development role on a small team with big aspirations. Your technical skills will be challenged. If you’re detail-oriented, then we probably love you already. If you are hungry to take on big challenges and ready to make an impact with your engineering and simultaneously hone your skills on modern technologies along the way; then you’ve definitely come to the right place. If you are someone who believes in the efficiencies of automation and being responsible for your work throughout the full lifecycle then you will likely enjoy working with us.
In addition to your technical prowess, we are looking for someone who is going to learn, practice and model our culture. Specifically, we are looking for an individual who cares enough about the team outcomes that they want to build vulnerability-based trust, someone who is not afraid to mine for conflict, someone who is okay with disagreeing and committing, is self-accountable and takes pride in team results.
As a product / engineering organization, we work in an agile, iterative Kanban/Scrumban process, always aiming to get value out to customers quickly. It’s a very fun, collaborative and talented group.
If you’re right for us you’re good at...
And you have...
- Developing enterprise-grade software in a fast moving environment
- Working in a results oriented culture that uses modern, Kanban/Scrumban style collaboration processes and tools like Trello, Slack, Gitlab, Jira, Zoom, etc.
- Understanding of team strategies and team objectives
- The motivation to learn and constantly improve process and tools
- The people skills required to work with us on a fluid and dynamic environment
- Building software that runs fast and scales giving the user the best possible experience
- Building software without bugs [ your software never has bugs, right? :) ]
- Logic and solving puzzles
- Empathizing with users who actually use the software
- Working remotely but staying connected to your peers
- Building vulnerability based trust
- Mining for conflict
- Disagreeing and committing
- Being self-accountable and investing in team outcomes
- Engaging with a hard-core full stack engineering opportunity, not “developing a website”.
- The performance track record to confidently take pride in your work
- The chops to never back away from a challenge, technical or otherwise
- The vision to build things right the first time
- Vision, experience and dedication
- A team of aces to work with
- A Lencioni based culture of excellence, results and accountability
- A stack with modern open source technologies (Node.js, AngularJS, TypeScript, Linux, etc.)
- An open mind for new ideas and methodologies
- Cloud based, Linux open source environment (e.g. think Ubuntu on AWS) and the Amazon stack and services to help us develop and scale quickly
- Flexible work schedule and flexible work location benefits
- Belief in focus, flow and joy for our team members A Day in the life (at our current stage)
- We meet a couple of times a week at a development stand-up and perform Kanban/Scrumban activities
- Discuss any larger architecture decisions
- Ask what we can do to improve our process, communication, application and architecture
- Communicate and collaborate and be a real team
- Exchange a Meme and laugh once in a while...okay, probably more than once in a while
- Between meetings with perform our daily work through a mix of synchronous and asynchronous workflows
- Designs/codes applications following specifications using the appropriate tools.
- Maintains and modifies existing applications without supervision as well as under direction from manager.
- Performs QA as required – for our team to perform as it does members need to wear multiple ‘hats’
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing data architecture for product.
- Follows the Brainshark Engineering Team process and procedures and maintains consistency of the necessary security and compliance measures
- Work with a stack with the modern open source technologies (AngularJS, Node.js, Typescript) to build, operate and maintain an enterprise-grade application
- Have an open mind for new ideas and methodologies
- Develop within a Cloud based, Linux open source environment (e.g. think Ubuntu on AWS) and leverage the Amazon stack and services to help us develop and scale quickly
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in math or technology discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years of software development experience
- Possesses personal qualities of integrity, credibility, teamwork and commitment to corporate mission
- Working remotely is an opportunity
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Team player
- Location independent
- Must be able to work in dedicated space away from distractions
- Requires ability to sit and/or stand at a desk and utilize standard office equipment such as computer, keyboard, printer, scanner and fax
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
At Brainshark, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to create an incredible place to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work each day.
Given the impact COVID-19 is having on global travel and immigration laws, Brainshark will not move forward with candidates who require visa sponsorship or support maintaining their immigration status at this time.