Sense is seeking a highly focused senior accountant who will be responsible for monthly and daily accounting tasks as well as helping to develop the finance department as Sense grows. You will collaborate with our Controller to close the monthly books, analyze contracts in accordance with ASC606, prepare financial reporting, implement an ERP, and develop processes and procedures.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a startup environment where no task is too big or too small and to gain exposure to a wide breadth of accounting and finance responsibilities.
- Prepare monthly close materials, including trial balance reconciliations and P&L variance analysis.
- Analyze contracts for appropriate revenue recognition in accordance with ASC606.
- Monitor and maintain monthly inventory positions and controls.
- Research and implement new accounting guidance.
- Assist with drafting annual financial statements.
- Coordinate annual financial audit.
- Manage daily accounting tasks including accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash reconciliations.
- Ad-hoc projects as required.
- 2-4 years public accounting experience.
- Technical accounting background and understanding of US GAAP concepts.
- Ability to communicate and effectively work with non-finance staff.
- Self-motivated, capable of working independently, problem-solver.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong drive to learn and grow.
- Manufacturing experience.
- Revenue recognition experience