The Project Engineer position will provide on-site engineering and technical support, quality control, construction management assistance, hydrographic/land surveys, and help maintain a safe working environment for all aspects of marine dredging projects. This includes providing technical/operational expertise to the Dredging team developing scopes of work, participating in the preparation of the proposal, labor and resource planning, scheduling, generate and review project requirements, take the project to completion, and final approval.
This position will assist in contractor procurement, participate in design reviews, provide estimating support, schedule review, QA inspection, monitor submittals, provide documentation and reporting, coordinate utility shut-downs, monitor contractor safety, observe survey and testing activities, participate in monthly payment meetings, manage change orders, monitor and review contractors schedule throughout the project.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with construction team to develop project plan that meets client requirements and timeline
- Provides site-specific management of Superintendents and the Operation Team.
- Assists the superintendents onsite with daily site management, project documentation, and communication with the client and regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for site safety policies, safety submittals, project kickoff meetings, and coordinating safety meetings with safety managers.
- Responsible for dredge production rates, selection, and communication with subcontractors, scheduling equipment logistics, project submittals, and survey control.
- Assists with managing hydraulic dredging projects
- Assists with contractor procurement
- Participates in design reviews, provides estimating support, schedule reviews
- Conducts QA inspections
- Monitors submittals, provides documentation, and reporting
- Generates weekly updates for each project, tracking actual performance against the actual work completed
- Manages data entries for weekly schedule updates and cost benchmarking.
- collaborates with operations crews, field engineers, and superintendents
- Assists in the preparation of project schedules, quantity tracking, and labor cost reports.
- Conducts field inspections, surveys, and the preparation of engineering reports
- QA/QC review of schedule submissions for conformance.
- Prepare reports as needed and directed by Management.
- The employee must be able to work a 12-hour rotating shift schedule, 7 days per week, 14 days on and 7 days off.
- The position requires extensive travel for extended periods of time and/or temporarily relocating for duration of each project
- The employee must have the flexibility to work long hours, nights and weekends, travel on short notice, and work 24 hour on-call status when needed.
- The employee may be occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The employee must have the ability to work independently with minimal or no guidance.
- The employee must have a willingness to work outside as well as onboard a vessel.
- The work environment has varying noise levels in some areas of the work environment that are louder than typical work environments.
- The employee must be able to effectively communicate both written and verbally
- Valid Driver’s License and a good driving record are required required
While performing the duties of the Project Engineer position, the employee is regularly required to:
- Push, Pull, Carry, Lift and Move 50 lbs. frequently, up to 100lbs occasionally
- Climb ladders of 30’ or stairs and work at heights on unsteady surfaces on or about navigable waters
- Stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and work in tight quarters negotiating uneven, slippery, and moving surfaces
- Climb on and off tugs, barges, survey boats, and other vessels in severe weather conditions
- Work in and around high voltage systems and mechanical systems in confined spaces
<>··Work in all weather conditions.