Vice President/Senior Director of Business Development Reps
The Head of Account Development Sales Team will lead our BDRs. We’re looking for a self-
motivated professional with proven leadership experience and an excellent track record in B2B
account/business development sales. In this position, you will be responsible for meeting team
targets through both outbound calling efforts/demand generation and inbound lead qualification.
Responsibilities include developing, coaching and motivating our Account Development sales
team, and designing lead development processes. The ideal candidate possesses exceptional
leadership and cross-functional communication skills. Experience working with Executive
Teams and leaders from all Go-To-Market organizations are essential to success in this role.
- Lead a high-performing Business Development sales organization focused on generating qualified sales leads to route to the territory Account Executives and Account Managers
- Recruit and develop top talent, and apply leading-edge methodologies and tools for outbound and inbound prospecting
- Build a culture that inspires achievement and growth
- Onboard and manage the organization
- Develop and implement prospecting processes
- Define metrics, constantly measure activity, and hold the team accountable for achieving targets and increasing activity levels
- Monitor the performance of each key process and the BDR team through quarterly operational review meetings
- Create and optimize commission plans to incent the right behaviors over time
- Create and leverage collaborative relationships with sales teams to ensure effective prospecting plans, and marketing team to ensure alignment with demand generation campaigns
- 7+ years of Account or Business Development sales management with experience in both outbound and inbound processes for the Fortune 500.
- Experienced in hiring, coaching, and performance management of Account/Sales Development reps
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Salesforce.com, SalesLoft, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, 6Sense and Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Strong sales and business acumen in high-velocity organizations required
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization
- Quota carrying direct sales experience a plus
- Excellent problem solving, listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent required