Channel Marketing Manager
Sense is looking for an experienced and dynamic Channel Marketing Manager to develop and manage our channel marketing strategy and partner programs. Together with our partners in energy and home services sectors, Sense is helping customers become more energy efficient and more aware of the energy use in their homes.
You will be responsible for understanding our partners and their end customers, defining our partner marketing strategy, developing marketing messaging and sales collateral, creating lead gen campaigns, and managing the channel marketing budget.
This person will play a key role in Sense’s next phase of growth as we leverage our consumer success to launch and growth our B2B offerings.
What you will do
- Develop and implement channel marketing programs to help secure key partnerships with specific emphasis on utilities and energy services
- Work with key partners to incorporate Sense into their marketing and sales offers, and to maximize the value of Sense to the partner’s business
- Plan and manage Sense’s participation in relevant industry events
- Implementing channel campaigns in order to expand market share and pursue aggressive growth targets.
- Work closely with the product, consumer marketing, and earned media teams to develop tools to enable channel sales and strategic partner sales, and to enable positive outcomes with customers who procure our products through the channels
- Develop and track KPIs for key channel activities, including lead generation, pipeline conversion, and ROI on channel marketing investments
- Work with product marketing and engineering to develop, maintain and manage partner portal website and associated content
- Plan and manage the channel marketing budget
Who you are
You’re versatile: able to go from big picture strategy to thinking through all the details of a campaign launch. You’re able to quickly understand new technologies and articulate them into benefits that resonate with partners. You’re a self-starter, able to develop and implement a marketing strategy from soup to nuts, pulling in support and expertise where needed.
- Experience in energy services (electric utilities, especially with energy efficiency and demand side management) is strongly preferred
- Excellent in person and written communication skills
- Experience leading B2B marketing efforts for a technology company
- Experience managing marketing budgets within a channel marketing setting
- BA or BS required
- Ability to work remotely (home office space with high-speed internet for video calls and collaboration)
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Some travel may be required in the future
Sense’s mission is to reduce global carbon emissions by making homes smart and more efficient. Our energy data and tools demystify home energy use, empower people to take command of their usage, and enable utilities to build a cleaner and more resilient grid.
Sense is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Sense’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and strive to create a low-drama, pleasant and supportive place to work.
- Have a big impact at a VC-backed consumer startup that's doing big things:
- Best Startups in Cambridge - Tech Tribune
- "One of the world's top 100 AI companies" - VentureBeat
- Clean Tech Company of the Year - New England Venture Capital Association
- 50 on Fire - BostInno
- Top 100 - Red Herring
- Best Consumer AI Technology - AI Dev World
- Global Cleantech 100
- Work with a small team of experienced entrepreneurs creating revolutionary technology.
- A wide range of difficult and interesting problems to be solved.
- Competitive compensation and generous healthcare benefits.
- Flexible hours and WFH policy.
- Paid parental leave.
- Remote or local in our Cambridge Central Square office (re-opening Jan 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19).