VP of Mobile Development
Native Voice, a software platform for the rapidly growing hearable market (60% CAGR, 6B wireless units by 2021).
We allow consumers to access any voice service from any audio device - “hey Alexa” “hey Google” and the quickly emerging ecosystem including “hey Spotify” “hey Salesforce” “hey Walmart”, etc.
As Voice has become the fastest adopted technology in human history, we believe every audio device (headphones, speakers, etc.) will become a “smart” two-way communication point with access to various voice services. A software access point is now required on these devices to enable voice functionality for a large group of eager legacy audio hardware companies. We seek to enable any audio company to easily enable voice services on their devices.
We are looking for a strong mobile app development team leader who welcomes both architecture, engineering and maintenance challenges on both iOS and Android. The primary focus will be to ensure the quality of the existing mobile app and to add new features together with automated unit and integration tests as we advance our product from V0.5 to V0.6.
You will lead and further develop our small iOS and Android mobile development team. Your leadership skills, knowledge and advice about application architecture and the newest mobile technologies will be highly utilized. The code you oversee will need to be cleanly organized and of the highest quality and you will need to be hands on to help overcome challenges and ensure high reliability. You’ll also help ensure solid application performance and an excellent user experience.
- Lead and work with CTO to build mobile application architecture
- Lead Software Engineering team in development of a mobile application that will interact with a hardware device
- Further develop and build mobile app development team
- Make decisions on when to outsource vs insourced
- Lead mobile application outsource partner selection
- Lead the development of new features and user interfaces from wireframe models
- Ensuring the best performance and user experience of the application
- Fixi bugs and performance problems
- Ensure and writing clean, readable, and testable code
- Lead and cooperate with back-end developers, designers, and the rest of the team to deliver well-architected and high-quality solutions
- Report to the CTO with updates on progress of projects
- Extensive knowledge about mobile app development. This includes the whole process, from the first line of code to publishing in the store(s)
- The Native Voice mobile application must be written for iOS and Android natively, not in React Native
- Deep knowledge of iOS and Android mobile platforms
- Proficiency with overseeing and writing automated tests
- Experience with profiling and debugging mobile applications
- Understanding mobile app design guidelines on each platform and being aware of their differences
- Proficiency in Java, Swift and C#
- Familiarity with integrating Alexa and Google Voice SDK into mobile applications a plus
- Familiarity with Bluetooth and audio transfer which that the app will utilize
- 5+ years of experience developing Android and iOS Applications
- 2 + years of strong Software Development project management experience
- Has worked at a major technology company as well as worked and led the development of a mobile application for a small team or company
- Experience managing international teams (particularly in China) is a plus.
- Comfortable working in “startup” and remote mode