Technical Project Manager
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Sense is looking for a hands-on Technical Project Manager to join the Delivery Operations team. We are looking for someone to drive cross-functional product development projects both inside Sense and with our partners, involving both software and hardware. You will drive critical projects, track dependencies, work with stakeholders, product managers, and engineering to manage schedules, budgets, and engineering trade-offs. To succeed, you must have strong relationship skills, a solid technical background, and be excited to deliver complex projects in a fast moving, collaborative environment.
What you'll do:
- Drive and manage timelines, schedules, and deliverables for cross-functional projects with both internal Sense and external partner stakeholders
- Manage the estimation and budgets of projects and potential change requests
- Identify risks, develop mitigation strategies, provide visibility, and facilitate resolutions
- Assist in the definition of project scope and goals
- 4+ years customer-facing project management
- Great communication skills and attention to detail
- Enough technical depth to understand the implications of trade-offs and effectively track dependencies
- Experience with managing estimates, budgets, resourcing, and comfortable with using tools
- Software experience with mobile applications and cloud services is strongly preferred
- Experience working in a small, dynamic environment and wearing many hats
- Electrical engineering or related experience is a plus
- Experience in energy industry is a plus
Sense’s mission is to reduce global carbon emissions by making homes smart and more efficient. Our energy data and tools demystify home energy use, empower people to take command of their usage, and enable utilities to build a cleaner and more resilient grid.
Sense is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Sense’s values. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech, and we strive to foster an engaging, respectful and supportive community where everyone feels empowered to do their best work.
- Be a part of building something that will make a difference in the world.
- Have a big impact at a VC-backed consumer startup that's doing big things:
- Best Startups in Cambridge - Tech Tribune
- "One of the world's top 100 AI companies" - VentureBeat
- Clean Tech Company of the Year - New England Venture Capital Association
- 50 on Fire - BostInno
- Top 100 - Red Herring
- Best Consumer AI Technology - AI Dev World
- Global Cleantech 100
- Work with a small team of experienced entrepreneurs creating revolutionary technology.
- A wide range of difficult and interesting problems to be solved.
- Competitive compensation and generous healthcare benefits.
- Flexible hours and WFH policy.
- Paid parental leave.
- Remote or local in our Cambridge Central Square office (re-opening March 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19).