International B2B Marketing Manager
Join a leading green tech smart home scale up to help deliver on significant international growth potential, and make a measurable and lasting impact on global carbon emissions
Sense is on a mission to make all homes intelligent, and in turn more efficient, safer and reliable. Using the power of artificial intelligence, Sense can dramatically reduce a home's carbon emissions, with the potential to remove over one gigaton of carbon from the atmosphere every year.
Sense is backed by some of the largest companies and investors from the world of energy, AI and technology. Our revolutionary machine learning technology has been recognised with numerous awards including:
- Best Consumer AI Technology - AI Dev World
- Global Cleantech 100
- "One of the world's top 100 AI companies" - VentureBeat
- Top 100 Red Herring
- Clean Tech Company of the Year - NE VCA
We are now expanding internationally. Our strategy is to engage directly with partners in the energy, insurance, and home service industries and deliver our technology into millions of their customers' homes. We are now looking for extraordinary people to help us deliver on our exciting growth plans. We are building a new team in the UK. Benefiting from the support of HQ in Massachusetts, this team will be responsible for delivery and growth in all international markets.
What you’ll do
- Be the first marketing hire for the rapidly growing international subsidiary of Sense Labs Inc. Join a dynamic, entrepreneurial scale up, with strong operational and financial backing from US HQ. Have a tremendous impact on the success of the international business
- A broad, hands on role that will appeal to someone who enjoys working on multiple, simultaneous marketing programs that require both strategic thinking as well as high-speed tactical and pragmatic execution
- Manage and implement the international marketing strategy, plan, and execution for Sense International
- Grow brand awareness and demand from global B2B partners (from range of sectors including energy and insurance)
- Manage international marketing budget, and deliver strong return on investment
- Localise content, assets, product and associated collateral tailored for individual markets
- Work across multiple international markets - remits covers the whole world, outside of the core US market - adapting approach to the differing needs of each region.
- Work on multiple, simultaneous marketing programs that require both strategic thinking as well as high-speed tactical execution
- Execute marketing lead generation across a range of B2B channels including website, social media, email, earned media/PR, conferencing, event planning and SEO. Developing content as necessary.
- Collaborate and develop strong relationships with stakeholders in central marketing, product, rest of team at HQ (based in Massachusetts, USA). Manage third party agencies and resources. Leverage global marketing resources to deliver on objectives and find ways to invent and simplify to address sales need
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about the energy sector and climate change
- Eager to work in a fast-paced and exciting startup
- Broad based marketeer, able to operate strategically but ready to execute tactically and pragmatically
With the following requirements:
- Relevant 5+ years broad based B2B marketing experience
- Must have substantial experience in marketing B2B or B2B2C technology products or services
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or relevant field of study
- Willingness to travel internationally and work flexibly across time zones, when occasionally required
- Strong writing skills with excellent overall communication skills
And ideally you’ll also have:
- International marketing experience
- Experience in smart tech, AI/data, green tech, or energy/renewables sectors
- Passionate about climate change and desire to have a global impact
- Business level fluency in further languages
- Masters qualification in marketing or business
Please only apply if you currently have the right to work in the UK. We are unable to sponsor visas at this time
And we can offer the following:
- Competitive compensation
- Company Pension scheme with top up to 5%
- Hybrid working model - 2-3 days a week based in office in Theale, rest of time working remotely
We have a hybrid working model designed to attract talented people from across the UK and beyond. Rather than a standard office, our collaboration space is based in Theale, near Reading. This location is in the heart of the M4 corridor with ready access to the motorway network, and yet just 40 mins from Paddington, one stop from Reading station and Crossrail, and five minutes walk from Theale train station. Enabled by great technology, each week the team will gather in Theale for two to three days a week, with the rest of the week operating remotely or perhaps taking advantage of a hot desk within our office network. With our hybrid model, we want to draw the most talented workforce from London to Bristol, and from Birmingham to Brighton.
Sense is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Sense’s values. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech, and we strive to foster an engaging, respectful and supportive community where everyone feels empowered to do their best work.