Senior Manufacturing Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to help us scale our production capabilities, work with our suppliers to ensure that production targets are met on an ongoing basis, and help us bring new and upgraded hardware products and components to market. In this role you will be responsible for both broad projects requiring you to work independently to identify and implement solutions, and for specific tasks working as part of a team. You will report to our Director of Manufacturing.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing comprehensive, cost effective manufacturing strategies, including supplier selection, to drive product team decisions on sourcing to achieve cost and time targets.
- Providing analysis and recommendations for feature and manufacturing cost tradeoffs, during the design phase of new products.
- Developing design documents using Solidworks and managing change with PLM software.
- Participating in DFMEA, PFMEA, and CTQ processes assuring specifications are well defined and documented.
- Issuing ECOs and manage changing with CM and Sub tier suppliers
- Evaluating Quality reports and develop actions to improve design or process
- Providing detailed assessments and critical Design for Manufacturing review of engineering designs/drawings of components and assemblies.
- Assessing the design intent, manufacturability, proper dimensioning and tolerancing of components and assemblies to allow product to transition into the manufacturing environment.
- Incorporating inspection and test requirements into the production plan.
- Managing the manufacturing of prototypes used in new product development, including selecting the most appropriate prototype methods and executing prototype development to support new product design trials.
Minimum requirements include:
- 3+ years in a manufacturing engineering role, including remotely managed NPI and CM experience.
- Experience manufacturing consumer electronics products at scale, including cables and plastic components.
- Demonstrated end to end experience on large scale projects.
- Design skills including GD&T, design validation, and inspection.
- Demonstrated Solidworks proficiency.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Startup experience, taking a product from launch to scale
- Experience in building financial models to evaluate Cost of Goods Sold.
- Experience with Six Sigma tools and Lean Manufacturing concepts a bonus but not required.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Be a part of building something that will make a difference in the world.
- Great opportunity to gain experience at a consumer smart home startup.
- Work with a team of experienced entrepreneurs creating revolutionary technology.
- A wide range of difficult and interesting problems to be solved.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Flexible hours.
- Primary Onsite workplace, with flexibility to work remote on occasion
- Travel approx. 20%
- Located in Cambridge, MA with a great office in Central Square right by the Red Line