As healthcare providers embrace digital transformation, virtual care, and cloud-first strategies, the underlying healthcare IT infrastructure has increasingly become decentralized, creating many more gaps that can result in patients’ protected health information (PHI) being put at greater risk. Existing cybersecurity solutions address critical aspects of securing the healthcare IT system but are not adequately addressing hidden vulnerabilities found in clinical workflows.
Founded by David Ting, the cofounder and former CTO of Imprivata and a former appointee to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Care Industry Cybersecurity Task Force, Tausight will help healthcare provider CIOs, CISOs, and their IT organizations better understand the risks that are inherent in how PHI is used and then better secure their clinical workflows when clinicians access and use their patients’ PHI.
On March 10, we announced our Series A $20 million funding, co-led by existing investors Polaris Partners and Flare Capital Partners, alongside new investor .406 Ventures. We will use this funding to expand our go-to-market team and further build out our breakthrough, healthcare-specific risk management platform.
Tausight is an exciting place to be, at an exciting time, and the best time to join us is right now.
In this role, the Senior Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for creating, modifying, maintaining and supporting virtualized infrastructure. This person will need to balance availability, security, efficiency and functional requirements to help provide an optimized production service. Identifying and managing existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensure these risks are effectively identified and escalated to be measured, monitored and controlled.
What You Will Do:
What You Will Need:
- Investigate and manage the adoption of appropriate tools, techniques and processes (including automation) for the management of systems and services. Ensure that appropriate software or specialist monitoring tools are used to maintain awareness and control of the hardware and software.
- Investigate and advise for procurement of hardware and/or services as needed to ensure adequate and performant infrastructure to build out a test environment consisting of possibly hundreds of network attached virtual machines.
- Ability to assemble, manage and provision environments from bare metal hardware to resource delivery
- Provide for adequate engineering such that a variety of environments can be realized on each of the virtual machines using the appropriate container and orchestration technologies.
- Provide effective visualization of the status of the above mentioned testing environment such that testing engineers can effectively assess the status of the environments.
- Schedule and supervise maintenance and installation work, including major configuration changes and upgrades.
- Conduct investigations on system performance, security, risks, and system usage, and make proposals for improvement.
- Ensure that operational incidents and problems are identified, recorded, monitored and resolved. Provide appropriate status and other reports to specialists, users and managers.
- Investigate suspected attacks and undertake the investigation and resolution of security incidents, in accordance with established procedures including incident management procedures. Uses forensics where appropriate. Report on findings and lessons learnt / improvement actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree/ MCSE or 5+ years in similar role
- Extensive experience in large VM environments
- Understanding of complex environments and the ability to quickly develop an understanding of new tools
- Understanding and working knowledge of Google Cloud platform,
- Technical expertise with Docker, Kubernetes or other container/orchestration systems.
- Awareness of Security Management and Penetration testing tool sets
- Deep Knowledge of VMware ESX Server, Storage protocols, Vmware Horizon View, VMware Workspace
- Deep knowledge and experience with Microsoft Server technologies, Active Directory, MSFT Terminal Services, and Microsoft SCCM
- Understanding and ability to deploy and maintain Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop environments
- Understanding and ability to configure and maintain storage area networks as they relate to ESX and virtual infrastructure
- Ability to create and maintain various “gold” images and seamlessly deploy images as needed throughout the infrastructure
- We will re-invent and transform how healthcare better protects patients’ PHI from cyber threats
- Learn how we built a multi-patented, breakthrough technology platform that will be the first-of-its-kind within the fastest growing segment of the healthcare technology industry.
- Just closed a $20 million Series A financing round, backed by leading healthcare technology VCs, Polaris Partners, Flare Capital, and .406 Ventures.
- Highly experienced team to learn from and to help develop your personal growth.
- We work independently, remotely, and collaboratively. Micro-managers are not welcome.
- Unlimited vacation; company holidays; medical/dental/eyecare.
- We will not tolerate ageism, racism, gender or sexual harassment, or any form of discrimination within our business operations or places of work. To be abundantly clear, we are committed to diversity, equity and belonging within our culture and across our company.
Tausight was founded in 2018 by David Ting, the cofounder and former CTO of Imprivata and a former appointee to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Care Industry Cybersecurity Task Force. Tausight’s mission is to solve one of the most challenging responsibilities of healthcare CIOs, CISOs, and their IT organizations: ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of patients’ PHI. Please visit us at www.tausight.com
and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our team is primarily located within Greater Boston and the San Francisco Bay area, but welcomes remote workers and flexible working hours. As clearly stated within our company principles statement, Tausight will not tolerate ageism, racism, gender or sexual harassment, or any form of discrimination within our business operations or places of work. To be abundantly clear, we are committed to diversity, equity and belonging within our culture and across our company.