Junior UX Designer
We're looking for a UX Designer who can uncover creative solutions to the complex and data-dense problem Sense is striving to solve: how to help people understand and manage their energy use.
You'll become an early and foundational member of a high-impact Product team. You will be responsible for helping the team bring ideas to life through designing, prototyping, user interviews, and testing.
You will work with stakeholders to manage feedback and ultimately deliver thoughtful, usable designs to development.
An ideal candidate has:
- Portfolio featuring past work and process
- A love for crafting user-centric experiences
- Experience designing for consumer-focused mobile and web products
- Current understanding of design best practices and trends
- Experience shipping product in an agile environment
- Ability to communicate design decisions
- Experience talking to users through prototyping, testing and interviews
Note: Candidates without a portfolio will not be considered.
Sense’s mission is to reduce global carbon emissions by making homes smart and more efficient. Our energy data and tools demystify home energy use, empower people to take command of their usage, and enable utilities to build a cleaner and more resilient grid.
Sense is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Sense’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and strive to create a low-drama, pleasant and supportive place to work.
- Be a part of building something that will make a difference in the world.
- Have a big impact at a VC-backed consumer startup that's doing big things:
- Best Startups in Cambridge - Tech Tribune
- "One of the world's top 100 AI companies" - VentureBeat
- Clean Tech Company of the Year - New England Venture Capital Association
- 50 on Fire - BostInno
- Top 100 - Red Herring
- Best Consumer AI Technology - AI Dev World
- Global Cleantech 100
- Work with a small team of experienced entrepreneurs creating revolutionary technology.
- A wide range of difficult and interesting problems to be solved.
- Competitive compensation and generous healthcare benefits.
- Flexible hours and WFH policy.
- Paid parental leave.
- Remote or local in our Cambridge Central Square office (re-opening Jan 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19).